In Salla, the vast wilderness and abundant game stock offer versatile hunting opportunities.
Metsähallitus sells licences for small game, small predator and bear hunting. Small game, waterfowl/goose and elk- and bear hunting licences can also be bought from Sallan Yhteismetsä (Salla Collective Forest).
Bear hunting is organised as quota-based restricted hunting: the licence expires as soon as the bear quota for the eastern reindeer herding area is reached.
Hunting licences for the Salla region are sold by:
* Sallan Yhteismetsä’s (Salla Collective Forest) tel. +358-40-676 56 00; Spring, water birds and rabbitshunting licences https://varuste.net/en/
* Several of the region’s hunting associations sell licences permitting the hunting of hare and waterfowl
Guided hunting trips in Salla are organised at least by:
* Kola Extreme, +358 (0)16 837 791, email@example.com
* Jotos / Sallan Poropuisto, +358 (0)16 837 771, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Tuntsan Tunturilomat Oy, +358 (0)16 836 710, email@example.com
* Sallan Erä- ja kalamiehet ry, +358 (0)400 394 787, firstname.lastname@example.org
The state fishery fee must be paid in all regions whenever a person from 18 to 64 years of age practises lure fishing (does not apply to ice fishing or angling). The fee can be paid to the account 166030-101496 (Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry) in Nordea or purchased from the web site www.mmm.fi
In addition, for lure fishing one needs either a county-specific lure fishing licence or a permission given by the water area owner.
The lure fishing licence for the county of Lapland can be paid to the account 166030-106636 (Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry) or purchased from the web site www.mmm.fi.
No lure fishing licence is needed for the state public water areas.
The county-specific lure fishing licence does not permit fishing in the following locations:
- stream areas in salmon- and whitefish-rich bodies of water
- in areas where fishing is otherwise prohibited by a regulation
Areas in Salla where a special licence is needed (fishing is prohibited):
* Oulankajoki, Savinajoki
* Tammakkolampi, Tuohenlusikkalampi
* Iso Karvastekemäjärvi
In Salla, fishing licences are sold by the following parties, for instance:
* Sallan Yhteismetsä (Salla Collective Forest), tel. +358 (0)16 831 269
o Licences: Water areas owned by Sallan Yhteismetsä
* SEO (Sallan Autohuolto), tel. +358 (0)40 709 9687
o Licences: The Metsähallitus lure fishing licence, the fishing area of Yli-Kemi, the participants’ association of Salmivaara
* Hautajärven Luontotalo, tel. +358 (0)205 64 6870
o Licences: The state fishery fee (administration fee: EUR 2), the county-specific lure fishing licence (administration fee: EUR 2), the fishing licence for the Oulanka National Park, the collective licence for Oulanka and Kitkajoki (administration fee: EUR 2), the fishing licence for Ylä-Oulanka (administration fee: EUR 1), the lure fishing licence for Metsä-Lappi (Forest Lapland)
* Jotos / Sallan Poropuisto, tel. +358 (0)16 837 771
o Licences: The fishing licence for Tammukkalampi
More information about fishing in Salla
Hautajärvi fishing area
All rights reserved.